Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy and delicious frosting. Will frost about 2 dozen cupcakes. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 -3 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice (the liquid drained from canned pineapple is fine)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Blend cheese and butter together thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and whip till light and fluffy.