Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The best cheese ball I've ever had. I got the recipe from a caterer
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- Combine all ingredients, savings some pecans to roll cheese ball in.
- Pack mixture into a bowl or mold; chill until firm.
- Remove and roll in pecans to coat exterior.
- Serve with crackers.
I made this recipe as an afterthought- I wanted something else for a party "just in case". This turned out to be the highlight. It sounds weird but tastes awesome. This is going to be my go-to recipe from now on. Be sure to let it sit overnight/a few days in the fridge to let the favors come together. Great recipe!
Glad I found this one, my aunt used to make this at Christmas.... yummy! Everyone at work wanted the recipe, it's a great combination of flavors, you've got to let it chill for a while to blend flavors. I like it with baked pita chips.
I made this to take to a shower and was very disappointed seeing all the 5 star reviews. I can't imagine what it would taste like with a tablespoon of seasoning salt. I added 1 tsp and it was still very salty. It didn't have a lot of flavor either, even after using a large can of pineapple. I ended up hollowing out a large hole in the middle and added my pepper jelly to it and it was the hit of the party.