Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe came from the coupon section of the Sunday paper during Holiday season. It is incredibly easy, but tastes really great. It's a nice alternative to plain cranberry sauce.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Drain pineapple reserving 3/4 cup juice in saucepan.
- Add cranberry sauce, cornstarch, orange zest, cloves and nutmeg.
- Stir to dissolve cornstarch.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and translucent.
- Keep warm.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Serve sauce with sliced turkey, chicken, or ham.
i made this with 2 cans cran and 1 can pineapple- then I cilled it-everyone loved this-thanks you.
I make this for every holiday dinner since I found it in the Sunday paper. Everyone loves it and now it's a must have with turkey and ham.