Recipe by MsSally
This is a great recipe for guests. Pineapple and cranberry really add to the flavor of pork. This probably could be done in the crock pot as well.
Top Review by noway
Wonderful roast, fruit and pork go so well together! I had a 2 lb roast and modified by cooking on low for 5 hours in the crockpot. I halved the seasonings and omitted the onion, but kept the cranberry and pineapple at the full amounts. Thanks for sharing Ms Sally! Made for Holiday tag.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) pork loin roast (trimmed)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce meat with a knife in several places.
- Mix all of spices together and sprinkle over entire roast.
- Place onions in the bottom of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Place roast on top of onions.
- Mix cranberry sauce and pineapple together.
- Pour over roast. Cover and bake at 350 about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or till internal temp reads 155.
- Remove from oven for about 10 mins before slicing.
- The last step is crutial. This brings the meat to proper temperature and allows for perfect slicing.