Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a variation of the recipe on the side of the package of Bob's Red Mill unprocessed wheat bran. The muffins come out sweet, moist, and not too heavy.
- 1 cup unprocessed natural bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients: wheat bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and dried cranberries.
- Combine wet ingredients: milk, honey, pineapple, oil, and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into greased muffin tin or paper muffin cups.
- Bake approximately 18 minutes.
Despite using white flour in place of the whole wheat, and an egg in place of the egg substitute, they turned out very well. I cut back on the honey just a bit, to keep them from being too sweet. The pineapple really adds to the flavour. I'll be making this recipe again. Thanks for posting.
I added 1/2 cup pineapple juice & 1/2 cup macadamia nuts to this & WOW!!!! Super moist. This will not last very long in my house.
What a great recipe! I like the simple ingredients and how easy these are to whip up and enjoy. They hold their moisture really well and are a delicious, stick-to-your-ribs breakfast with a cup of coffee! Used 2 large eggs in places of the substitute, but other than that I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks! My family devoured these in a few days. It's time to make some more!