Recipe by Natalia - St Louis
These are a variation of the recipe on the side of the package of Bob's Red Mill unprocessed wheat bran. The muffins come out sweet, moist, and not too heavy.
Top Review by Sing4mysupper
Despite using white flour in place of the whole wheat, and an egg in place of the egg substitute, they turned out very well. I cut back on the honey just a bit, to keep them from being too sweet. The pineapple really adds to the flavour. I'll be making this recipe again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup unprocessed natural bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients: wheat bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and dried cranberries.
- Combine wet ingredients: milk, honey, pineapple, oil, and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into greased muffin tin or paper muffin cups.
- Bake approximately 18 minutes.