Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I originally saw this in the Quick Cooking magazine and made it for a small dinner gathering. There was nothing left. I made this ahead of time. Regular cream cheese can also be used. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- assorted cracker
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tsp juice.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pineapple, green pepper, onion and reserved juice, mixing well.
- Cover and chill 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with crackers.
Excellent. Light and refreshing and easy to make. We loved this dip. Thanks Ducky.
Whoo-hoo! Gotta love those recipes that make low-fat taste great!!
I added sliced almonds to the spread to add to the crunch. I liked this recipe for it's mild flavor and it ease to make. It would be a terrific item for a holiday buffet or potluck. Thanks Ducky!