Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from e-How.com .
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup cherries
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat the pineapple juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt and gelatin on medium to high heat. Stir until gelatin in dissolved.
- Pour half of the contents into a Jell-o mold. If a Jell-o mold is unavailable, use a small cake pan.
- Chill in the refrigerator until slightly congealed. The mixture should be firm enough to hold food in place.
- Drain the crushed pineapple and cherries.
- Mix the pineapple, cherries and cottage cheese into the other half of the gelatin mix.
- Pour the fruit and cottage cheese mix into the chilled Jell-o mold.
- Place the filled Jell-o mold back into the refrigerator for several hours. Keep it there until the pineapple cottage cheese mold is completely set.
- Remove the Jell-o from the mold. Place a plate over the open side of the mold and flip the pair of them so the plate is on now the bottom. Lift the mold or pan off of the Jell-o.
- Spoon whipped topping on top of the finished pineapple cottage cheese mold.
- Tips & Warnings:.
- Pour the Jell-o into small glasses for special occasions.
- Substitute Splenda for sugar and use sugar-free juices and gelatin to make a healthier dessert.