Recipe by cuisinebymae
Good, simple,old-fashioned cookies.
Top Review by L-Burden
These are delicious! I mixed 1 cup of unsweetened coconut into the batter for a little extra somehting...and I used fresh pineapple that I crushed in the food processor. I will certainly make these again! This batch (with the exception of the 4 I already ate) will be contributed to my church bake sale. Thanks!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and the sugars.
- Add egg and pineapple.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour, then measure it.
- To the flour, add salt, soda, and baking powder.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Drop by rounded tsps.
- onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350°F,or until done.