Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everyone is taken aback by the marshmallows at first but when they try it, they are all pleasantly surprised. I found it to be light and refreshing and perfect as as a spring or summer salad.
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, torn into leaves
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped canned pineapple, drained
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 apple, sliced as garnish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, to coat apple
- Line a salad bowl with whole leaves of lettuce. Combine cabbage, pineapple, diced apples, marshmallows, celery and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl until mayonnaise coats all ingredients. Transfer salad to lettuce-lined bowl.
- Toss apple slices in lemon juice and garnish the slaw with the apple slices.