Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chill time is 8 hours. Goes well with ham or any barbecued meats.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) packageshredded cabbage
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned (or 11 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained)
- 1 large apple, cut into small chunks
- Drain pineapple and reserve 1/3 cup juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a large bowl, add pineapple juice, olive oil and the next 5 ingredients; stir to blend.
- Add the pineapple, cabbage, oranges, and apples; toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
Great, a little heavy on pineapple, cut in half.
This slaw was quite yummy and a crowd-pleasing hit at our family BBQ. I used canned mandarin orange sections because it was easier for me to do that than to peel and section fresh oranges. I liked the tangy and sweet flavor combo. Thanks for another great recipe.
I made this slaw today and it is so good, I like the fruit in it this is a good change from the usual coleslaw.