Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a pineapple lover, then you will love this cake!
Top Review by nita 284904 southern girl
I am shocked! ...... can't believe i'm the first to review this awesome recipe.... but then I don't know how I never ran across it before either. You would think everyone had never taste pineapple before the way they raved over this coffee cake.. it is very moist, perfect balance of ingredients... or as dh says it's perfect... '
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Prepare the cake batter, by creaming together the margarine, and 1 cup brown sugar; add in the eggs, and beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking soda with the sour cream.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder; add alternately to the margarine mixture, with the sour cream mixture.
- Add in the vanilla; mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Spread the drained pineapple over the cake batter in the pan.
- Top with the remaining cake batter.
- Prepare the topping: Combine the 1/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle the topping over the cake batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cake tests done.