Recipe by weekend cooker
Nonfat plain yogurt replaces sour cream adding moisture, and tenderness to this lighened up coffee cake.. Cooking time does not include cooling time..
Top Review by Mika G.
We loved it! I used pineapple tidbits and chopped them. Love, Love the sugared pecans and crispy top! Went great with salty bacon! Definitely a keeper! I might add a couple of tablespoons of the pineapple juice to the batter next time but there will be a next time!!
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced pineapple chunks (blotted dry and coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and coat an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk both flours, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add ingredients from step 2 and stir with spatula until blended (Do Not Overmix).
- Fold in pineapple, and scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Combine pecans and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl, and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake cake until the top is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean(50-55 minutes.).
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.