Shirl (J) 831's Note:
A very impressive cake to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons margarine, soft and divided
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, in light syrup, drained
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 10 tablespoons thawed light non-dairy whipped topping (frozen)
- 1Heat corn syrup and 1 Tbsp margarine till melted in small pan over medium heat.
- 2Stir in brown sugar; cook over medium heat till mixture is bubbly.
- 3Pour mixture into ungreased 9 inch round cake pan; sprinkle coconut evenly over top.
- 4Arrange pineapple slices on top of coconut.
- 5Heat oven to 350°F
- 6Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Beat remaining 5 Tbsp of margarine in large bowl and beat till fluffy.
- 9beat in sugar, egg and vanilla.
- 10Add flour mixture to margarine alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 11Pour batter into cake pan.
- 12Bake 40 minutes or till cake springs back when touched lightly.
- 13Cool in pan on wire rack 2-3 minutes; loosen side of cake with knife and invert to plate.
- 14Cut in wedges. Serve warm or cool, topped with whipped topping.
- 15Garnish with pineapple slices if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple-Coconut Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 235.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light non-dairy whipped topping