Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very impressive cake to serve.
Make and share this Pineapple-Coconut Upside-Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons margarine, soft and divided
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices, in light syrup, drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 10 tablespoons thawed light non-dairy whipped topping (frozen)
- Heat corn syrup and 1 Tbsp margarine till melted in small pan over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar; cook over medium heat till mixture is bubbly.
- Pour mixture into ungreased 9 inch round cake pan; sprinkle coconut evenly over top.
- Arrange pineapple slices on top of coconut.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat remaining 5 Tbsp of margarine in large bowl and beat till fluffy.
- beat in sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to margarine alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or till cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 2-3 minutes; loosen side of cake with knife and invert to plate.
- Cut in wedges. Serve warm or cool, topped with whipped topping.
- Garnish with pineapple slices if desired.