Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄2 cup soft margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 well beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In small bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, cream the margarine with 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the flour to form a soft dough.
- Press dough evenly on the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9x9x1-3/4 inch greased pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown and then let cool.
- Spread pineapple evenly over the baked crust. Add the rest of the sugar to egg; beat just until blended.
- Add melted margarine, vanilla and coconut.
- Spread mixture evenly over the pineapple; bake 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- When cool, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Makes 3 dozen.