Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A refreshingly light finish to a summer meal. See Note at end of instructions for alternative method if you don't have an ice-cream maker. Cook time does not include freezing time.
- 118.29 ml light coconut milk
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 3 slice fresh ginger, peeled and crushed (1/4-inch thick)
- 1587.57 g fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 9.85 ml fresh lime juice
- Combine coconut milk, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain into a large bowl.
- Place pineapple in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the pineapple puree to the coconut milk mixture and whisk until blended. Whisk in lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
- NOTE: Alternatively, freeze mixture in a shallow metal pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.
This was so refreshing! Great pineapple flavor with tiny bits of it in the sorbet. The ginger flavor was subtle but delicious. I had to have multiple taste tests as it was freezing in the ice cream machine. :-)
Super good! This was so easy to make and was a delicious treat! It tasted great as a slushie too.... In other words not all of it made it into the freezer... :-)