Recipe by Outta Here
A refreshingly light finish to a summer meal. See Note at end of instructions for alternative method if you don't have an ice-cream maker. Cook time does not include freezing time.
Top Review by PanNan
This was so refreshing! Great pineapple flavor with tiny bits of it in the sorbet. The ginger flavor was subtle but delicious. I had to have multiple taste tests as it was freezing in the ice cream machine. :-)
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 slices fresh ginger, peeled and crushed (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut milk, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain into a large bowl.
- Place pineapple in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the pineapple puree to the coconut milk mixture and whisk until blended. Whisk in lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
- NOTE: Alternatively, freeze mixture in a shallow metal pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.