1/1 Photo of Pineapple-Coconut Sorbet
1 hr 15 mins
A refreshingly light finish to a summer meal. See Note at end of instructions for alternative method if you don't have an ice-cream maker. Cook time does not include freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine coconut milk, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain into a large bowl.
- 2Place pineapple in a food processor and process until smooth.
- 3Add the pineapple puree to the coconut milk mixture and whisk until blended. Whisk in lime juice.
- 4Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- 5Pour the pineapple mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 6Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
- 7NOTE: Alternatively, freeze mixture in a shallow metal pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple-Coconut Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk