Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This sheet cake is good cut into squares or bars. It doesn't rise much but that's not important here. It's the taste that counts.
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Blend in eggs. Beat well.
- Add flour, sifted with salt and baking soda.
- Fold in pineapple, nuts, and coconut.
- Spread on greased 10" x 15" x 1" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and glaze while hot with confectioners sugar mixed with enough rum to thin to heavy pouring consistency.
- Quickly spread over entire cake.
- When glaze is dry, drizzle the melted chocolate chips over the cake.
This cake was quite easy to put together and nice and moist, but I found it very sickly sweet. The rum flavour was so overpowering, you couldn't taste the pinapple, coconut or even the chocolate! For those who like rum, this may not be a bad thing, but if you make this expecting a pineapple/coconut experience you'll be disappointed. My advice is to try another recipie or forget about the icing and chocolate in this one.
Yummo! took this to a bbq for dessert and there wasn't even a crumb left! All said very tasty and moist,even those not caring much for rum - sad souls :)!