Recipe by superbuna
This sheet cake is good cut into squares or bars. It doesn't rise much but that's not important here. It's the taste that counts.
Top Review by NovaM
This cake was quite easy to put together and nice and moist, but I found it very sickly sweet. The rum flavour was so overpowering, you couldn't taste the pinapple, coconut or even the chocolate! For those who like rum, this may not be a bad thing, but if you make this expecting a pineapple/coconut experience you'll be disappointed. My advice is to try another recipie or forget about the icing and chocolate in this one.
For the cake
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
For the glaze and topping
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Blend in eggs. Beat well.
- Add flour, sifted with salt and baking soda.
- Fold in pineapple, nuts, and coconut.
- Spread on greased 10" x 15" x 1" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and glaze while hot with confectioners sugar mixed with enough rum to thin to heavy pouring consistency.
- Quickly spread over entire cake.
- When glaze is dry, drizzle the melted chocolate chips over the cake.