Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a lovely recipe and I am so thankful that my husband received this cake as part of payment for fixing an air conditioner over the summer. Thankfully he remembered to ask her for the recipe as well. This is from Ursula's Cooking School in ATL. It is a very summer cake with taste and smell but I am so excited to have this recipe that I will be making it again really soon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for convection oven). In a bowl, blend the following on low speed for one minute:
- 4 large eggs.
- ¾ cup Sugar.
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract.
- ½ t. Almond Extract
- Mix in 4 T sifted flour on low speed just until blended, then fold in a 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple (including the juice).
- Spray a 91/2 inch deep dish Pyrex pie plate with non-stick cooking spray and pour mixture into plate. Crumble one package of soft lady fingers over the top in coarse bits (use a package of sponge cups used for strawberry shortcakes if soft lady fingers are not available). Sprinkle top of lady fingers with 1 cup flaked coconut.
- Melt one stick (40 oz) of butter and stir in ¼ t. almond extract. Drizzle butter over top of coconut. Bake for 25 minutes uncovered, then cover with foil and bake another 20 to 25 minutes until golden and firm in center.
- Serve warm, room temperature or cold. Top with whipped cream, if desired.