Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from Recipe Hall of Fame Quick and Easy Cookbook. My dad loves it, and it's super easy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Make sure butter has cooled a little.
- Mix sugar, eggs and butter.
- Mix in pineapple, coconut and vanilla.
- Pour into pie shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until done.
This recipe is a sure-fire winner. It came together easily and smelled heavenly baking. The only change I made was to add 1/2 teaspoon each of pineapple and coconut flavoring in addition to 2 teaspoons of vanilla. My mother in law, an awesome cook, kept one of the pies to eat herself. Thanks for making me look like a good cook!
What a wonderfully delicious pie! We loved the flavor of this dessert and it was so easy to prepare. Thanks for sharing this delicious pie recipe and I'm so glad I chose it for Pick A Chef!