Recipe by najwa
This is something I came up with when I had some pineapple and wanted to make muffins. I hope you like it! SOURCE: Me :)
Top Review by joansies
I thought these muffins were really good! I followed the advice in one of the reviews that suggested reducing the sugar since using sweetened coconut & adding a bit more pineapple juice....they were really moist and delicious! I'm thinking they could almost pass as a cupcake if you frosted them with cream cheese frosting!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, line 2 muffin pans with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy; add eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Combine salt, baking powder, coconut, and flour.
- Drain and chop pineapple, reserving juice (about 7 ounces).
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the reserved juice.
- Fold in pineapple, and fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Note: Sprinkle sugar on top of muffins for crunchy muffin tops.