Recipe by Angel-mae & cleopatra's mummy
again haven't tried but dont want to lose
Top Review by joanna_giselle
I liked the fact that this was a simple recipe to make. I left out the mixed spice and adjusted the milk and pineapple ratios a little and it worked very well. I also topped them with a chocolate glaze and yellow sprinkles and the kids loved them.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup rapadura or 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 2 X6 muffin tins with butter. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift flour & spice together into suitable bowl and add the coconut & sugar – mix together well ensuring the lumps are out of the coconut & sugar.
- In another smaller bowl, mix the egg, milk & oil.
- Pour into the flour mixture – add the pineapple and mix well but lightly. Do not overwork the muffin mixture & a few lumps in the mixture doesn’t matter.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tins –about ¾ full in each hole. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes and then remove – cook the other tins while letting the first lot cool on a cooling rack. The cooked ones can be turned out onto a rack when cool enough to handle.
- Repeat with the other tin when the muffins are cooked.