Ok....my sweet tooth hit overdrive tonight and I wanted my dinner to reflect that! I didn't want to wait for dessert for the good stuff....so here is a recipe that I found from President's Choice that definitely satisfied my need for sweet....but not overkill! This IS actually a dessert but I needed something to go with my Lemon Chicken and Fresh Snow Peas...so I decided that this would fill the empty spot on my plate. While I was waiting for my chicken to finish cooking, I was sampling this Jasmine Rice delight...and it was mighty hard to wait to put it on the plate! Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot.
- Stir in the rice and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until water is absorbed (stirring occasionally),.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add 1/2 of the coconut milk mixture to the cooked rice.
- Let the rice stand for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then add the diced pineapple and remainder of the coconut milk to the rice.
- Optional: added a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top of the rice when serving.