Recipe by cfletcher
Ok....my sweet tooth hit overdrive tonight and I wanted my dinner to reflect that! I didn't want to wait for dessert for the good stuff....so here is a recipe that I found from President's Choice that definitely satisfied my need for sweet....but not overkill! This IS actually a dessert but I needed something to go with my Lemon Chicken and Fresh Snow Peas...so I decided that this would fill the empty spot on my plate. While I was waiting for my chicken to finish cooking, I was sampling this Jasmine Rice delight...and it was mighty hard to wait to put it on the plate! Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Top Review by clyon160
Wow!! This is wonderful! It takes little effort, and is sooooo good. Everyone at dinner loved it. Even the picky eater kept taking more on her plate, and then took the leftovers home. We love to grill fresh pineapple, and we're going to try serving the grilled pineapple slices over the rice. Yummm! Be sure to try this at least once.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple (diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot.
- Stir in the rice and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until water is absorbed (stirring occasionally),.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add 1/2 of the coconut milk mixture to the cooked rice.
- Let the rice stand for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then add the diced pineapple and remainder of the coconut milk to the rice.
- Optional: added a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top of the rice when serving.