1/4 Photos of Pineapple Coconut Jasmine Rice
Ok....my sweet tooth hit overdrive tonight and I wanted my dinner to reflect that! I didn't want to wait for dessert for the good stuff....so here is a recipe that I found from President's Choice that definitely satisfied my need for sweet....but not overkill! This IS actually a dessert but I needed something to go with my Lemon Chicken and Fresh Snow Peas...so I decided that this would fill the empty spot on my plate. While I was waiting for my chicken to finish cooking, I was sampling this Jasmine Rice delight...and it was mighty hard to wait to put it on the plate! Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot.
- 2Stir in the rice and reduce heat to low.
- 3Cover and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until water is absorbed (stirring occasionally),.
- 4In a separate saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- 5Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 6Add 1/2 of the coconut milk mixture to the cooked rice.
- 7Let the rice stand for about 15-20 minutes.
- 8Then add the diced pineapple and remainder of the coconut milk to the rice.
- 9Optional: added a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top of the rice when serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Coconut Jasmine Rice
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g