Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Nice refreshing dessert. Allow up to 8 hours for freezing time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (7 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, 1/2 cup butter and powdered sugar. Firmly press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Meanwhile, for filling in large saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Cook and stir over low heat until coconut is golden. Remove from heat and cool.
- In large mixing bowl beat sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in dessert topping.
- Spread one half of the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle with one half of the coconut mixture.
- Spread pineapple over coconut layer.
- Repeat cream cheese and coconut layers.
- Cover and freeze for 8 to 24 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
This is my daughter's favorite dessert. Our whole family loves it. I have made it many times and it always turns out perfect!! Thank you Carolinafan for a wonderful recipe.