Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies were always in great demand at our house whenever I made them. Our 5 children loved the pineapple-coconut combination. The only problem was, I couldn't keep them on hand very long. I found this recipe in an Albuquerque newspaper sometime in the '60's and have made them many times since then.
- Cream shortening and sugars.
- Add beaten egg mixed with vanilla.
- Sift flour with soda and salt.
- Add to mixture alternately with the pineapple and coconut.
- Mix all items together--well, till it makes a soft batter.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Leave space for spreading.
- Bake at 375°F for about 10 minutes or until done.
- Be careful not to overbake this cookie.
These are good and a nice change. I added a sprinkling of course sugar before popping them into the oven. They were done at 9 minutes. I got 20 cookies but did what we would consider a normal size cookie. :) I did add a 1/2 tsp of coconut extract in addition to the vanilla. These will be made again. Thanks!
Great recipe!I thought it could use a little spice so I sprinkled the cookies with cinnamon sugar before putting them in the oven. Makes 5 dozen if you use a teaspoon measuring spoon. The kids already ate 2 batches.
These cookies are wonderful! I actually just finished making them - so quick, easy and delicious. A perfect cookie for summetime - love the pineapple and coconut flavors. I will definately be making these again. Thanks for the recipe!