Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
these bars are like pina colada without the rum..
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 28 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and melted butter.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix until well blended.
- Press firmly into greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Spread well drained pineapple, I usually dump cans onto paper towel on top of newspaers.to be sure I get them as dry as possible.I reserve the fruit juice in ice cube trays.makes a lovely ice cube for iced tea.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat eggs and sugar till blended.
- Add melted butter and vanilla.Mix well.
- Stir in coconut and spread over pineapple.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set and golden.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.