I got this simple recipe from a friend who was a natural cook. It makes two pies. The mix can also be used in a parfait style with fruit for another dessert. Has always been very popular with my guests.
- Mix all ingredients of Base together using just a little of the coconut cream to mix the cornflour with first.
- Cook on low heat till bubbling slowly and then till thickened.
- Spread cooked mix into 2 medium size pie dishes and refrigerate.
- Blend all pineapple from can and add juice last with a little mixed with all the cornflour.
- Cook slowly till thickened and cooked.
- Spread onto cooled bases covering whiteness.
- Decorate with lemon slices, pieces of pineapple, strawberry or kiwifruit.