A yummy coconut cream filling over banana slices in a coconut cookie crust and finished off with a topping of crushed pineapple mixed with Cool Whip. This will really please your family and/or guests. Baking time is for crust only.
- Mix together cookie crumbs, 2/3 c coconut and melted butter in medium bowl until well blended.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and arrange banana slices on bottom of crust.
- Pour cold milk into large bowl and add pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk for 1 minute.
- Stir remaining cup of coconut into pudding and spoon over banana slices in crust.
- Gently stir pineapple into whipped topping.
- Spread over pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
The was the perfect dessert for our Mother's Day cook-out!!! I did save some time by purchasing a shortbread crust at the store but, it was still a wonderful dessert! Everyone raved!!!
I made this and it is pie to die for, I will make this agian and agian. Thanks Marie Do you have any more good secrets.
Tropical goodness in a pie plate! Made this yesterday for Sunday evening dessert. It was soooo good and the crust! Wow, it was fantastic. The whole family loved it, even those not terribly fond of coconut. Only needed 12-14 cookies to make 1.5 cups for the crust and only used 1/2 cup coconut in the pudding mixture. My husband is a take it or leave it coconut eater so I didn't want to overwhelm him with it. Turned out, to me anyway, 1/2 cup gave it just the right balance of creamy pudding to coconut. Thanks so much for the great recipe. I can tell I'll be making this one over and over again.