Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on an Indian site--sounds delish. Very layered.
Make and share this Pineapple Coconut Chicken Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cut up chicken
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunk
- 1⁄2 cup pea aubergines or 1⁄2 cup berry brinjals
- 3 -4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups thin coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 30 g dried red chilies, soaked
- 25 g thinly sliced lemongrass
- 1 slice galangal (thick slice)
- 1 teaspoon sliced kaffir lime zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sliced coriander
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 25 g chopped shallots
- 25 g chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine red curry paste ingredients (A) in a blender and puree with a little water until you get a paste. Remove and set aside.
- Simmer thick coconut milk in a saucepan or heavy-based wok over medium low heat for 1-1½ minutes. Work in 4-5 tablespoons of the red curry paste and continue to fry over low heat for about 5-6 minutes or until fragrant and the oil rises.
- Add the chicken and the thin coconut milk. Bring to a low simmering boil until meat is tender and the coconut cream is rather oily.
- Put in pineapple cubes and seasoning. Cook for an extra 1-2 minutes. Add pea aubergines, kaffir lime leaves and cover the saucepan for 30-40 seconds. Check the seasoning before serving. The curry should taste sweet, sour and salty with a distinctive fragrance from the kaffir lime leaves.