Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick and easy pie! This is really delicious, and looks great. You can make your own piecrust, or use a refrigerated one. It is up to you.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can coconut
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until blended.
- Stir in butter, coconut, and pineapple. Pour into unbaked pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until set, covering with aluminum foil after 40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This was so good! I took it to a family reunion and got nothing but compliments (and complaints when it was all gone from people who wanted some and didn't get it!). I used flaked coconut instead of canned coconut (it was what I had on hand) and it turned out wonderful. Thanks!!
Good pie. I didn't have crushed pineapple, so I chopped up some of the tidbits I had, probably not a good idea. Not sure if I drained the fruit enough, as it took longer for the pie to set up. Made for everyday's a holiday tag.