Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Ohana, Disney's Polynesian Resort.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 4 1⁄2 cups gluten flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
Pineapple or Coconut Mixture
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pineapple/Coconut Mixture:.
- Combine pineapple and coconut in bowl.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in separate bowl and mix well.
- Add sugar and cornstarch mixture into pineapple and coconut mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine all ingredients in order of recipe in mixing bowl, and mix with dough hook until dough picks up on hook and the sides of the mixing bowl is clean.
- Let dough rise until it doubles in size.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it is 2 inches thick.
- Next spread pineapple/coconut mixture over the top of the dough.
- Fold dough into itself and place in a greased 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Cut dough into pieces with a pizza cutter and spread out cut pieces evenly in cake pan.
- Let dough rise in warm oven (110 degrees F) - about half way up the pan.
- Bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let bread cool, cut and serve.