Recipe by mandabears
These are delicous, full of fruit, walnuts, oatmeal and condensed milk. With that combination, how can that be bad and even better, if possible, it starts with a cake mix.
Top Review by llangrove
My daughter made these y'day. We liked them while they were still warm....today not as much. I know it's a matter of personal taste, but if we make them again, we will leave out the white chocolate and add more nuts. I think if the cookies were stored in the fridge, as suggested, they might become soggy.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with Bakers Joy or lightly grease and flour.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, oatmeal, butter, and egg until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of crumb mixture.
- Press rest of crumb mixture in to bottom of pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, condensed milk, pineapple, and nutmeg.
- Mix well.
- Pour over crust.
- In a medium bowl combine chopped nuts, coconut and white chips and reserved crumb mixture.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut in bars.
- Store in refrigerator.