Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are delicous, full of fruit, walnuts, oatmeal and condensed milk. With that combination, how can that be bad and even better, if possible, it starts with a cake mix.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with Bakers Joy or lightly grease and flour.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, oatmeal, butter, and egg until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of crumb mixture.
- Press rest of crumb mixture in to bottom of pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, condensed milk, pineapple, and nutmeg.
- Mix well.
- Pour over crust.
- In a medium bowl combine chopped nuts, coconut and white chips and reserved crumb mixture.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut in bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
My daughter made these y'day. We liked them while they were still warm....today not as much. I know it's a matter of personal taste, but if we make them again, we will leave out the white chocolate and add more nuts. I think if the cookies were stored in the fridge, as suggested, they might become soggy.
These bars are easy and delicious! I made them for a group of friends and everyone enjoyed them. They are very rich so you don't need to cut them very big. Thanks for a great recipe.