Recipe by Hippie2MARS
This is my boyfriend's favorite dessert! Macadamia nuts would be perfect in this in place of the pecans, but I can never find them.
- 1 pineapple cake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the lemon-lime soda, the pineapple juice from the pineapple, and the cake mix until well blended.
- Fold in the fruit, coconut and nuts.
- Pour into greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake according to cake mix directions (typically at 350 for 30-35 minutes).
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- "Frost" with whipped topping.
- Store covered in refrigerator.