Recipe by Kricket1949
A low-fat cobbler, modified from another cobbler recipe. Excellent pineapple upside down substitute!
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
Very good simple recipe. Easier than anything I can think of. It was a last minute hope and prayer dessert because I forgot I had to make something for Pastor Appreciation Month dinner today, until 8am this morning. We were out of everything, and I came across this. We threw it together using a generic cake mix and only one can of Coke, which is slightly less than 2 cups. I sprinkled a little cinnamon across the top for color. It was done perfectly in 50 minutes. The pyrex was still hot as we threw it into the van and headed out to church. It was very good. No one knew how sinfully easy it was and it was all gone by the end of the dinner. A definite winner that will stay in my book. Thank you so much!! :)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple (chunky in own juice)
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 cups diet soda (Diet Pepsi works well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drained pineapple (reserve juice& refrigerate for a refreshing morning fruit juice drink).
- In a 13"x9" baking dish, spread out the pineapple.
- Sprinkle the DRY yellow cake mix over the pineapple.
- Pour 2 cups of diet drink over cake mix.
- Bake in 350 deg oven for 45-60 min (depending on your oven).
- Bake until golden brown.
- Cool and serve with Cool Whip.