3 hrs 20 mins
A co-worker brought this in for myself and my wife to try. I was apprehensive at first (I don't usually like pies) but was completely won over on my first bite! I came home from work and started searching RZ for the recipe. To my surprise, no one had sent it in. I ended up finding similar ones on the site, but none that used the Rice Krispies as the crust. Personally, I think this made the pie better (and was why I loved it). I finally found the recipe on RiceKrispies.com and knew I had to submit it first thing! I have left the directions alone but substituted the brand names of the products my co-workers used (since I KNOW how AMAZING this is). I hope you enjoy this as much as I do! (For the original recipe as it appears on RiceKrispie.com, follow this link: http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?kic=true&recipe_id=2073)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups Rice Krispies (or other Toasted Rice Cereal)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (FIRMLY Packed)
- 6 tablespoons Karo light corn syrup (or other Light Corn Syrup)
- 1 (8 ounce) package philadelphia light cream cheese, Softened (or other Light Cream Cheese)
- 1 cup domino powdered sugar (or other Powdered Sugar)
- 1 (8 ounce) can dole crushed pineapple, Undrained (or other Crushed Pineapple)
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free (or other Frozen, Fat Free or Light Whipped Topping) or 1 cup Cool Whip Lite, Thawed (or other Frozen, Fat Free or Light Whipped Topping)
- Pam cooking spray (or other Cooking Spray)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (optional)
- 1Set all of your ingredients out where you can get at them. Make sure they are all at room temperature. This is VERY important for the Cool Whip® and the Karo® Corn Syrup.
- 2Combine Rice Krispies®, Brown Sugar, and Karo® Corn Syrup. Mix well.
- 3Press mixture evenly and firmly into the bottom and on to the sides of a 10-inch pan coated with Pam® Cooking Spray. Chill in refrigerator.
- 4In large mixing bowl, beat Philadelphia® Cream Cheese and Domino® Powdered Sugar until smooth.
- 5Stir Dole® Crushed Pineapple into the Cream Cheese and Sugar mixture.
- 6Fold Cool Whip® Whipped Topping (again, make sure it has thawed COMPLETELY) into the Cream Cheese, Sugar, and Pineapple mixture.
- 7Pour mixture into chilled crust.
- 8Freeze about 3 hours or until firm.
- 9Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- 10(OPTIONAL) Serve garnished with maraschino cherries.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Cloud Pie
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 165.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Cool Whip Free