Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not sure where this came from, but I've been making it for years. It's a nice, light refreshing meal.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple slices in juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 thin sliced chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoon margarine or 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- orange zest
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- Combine flour and seasonings in shallow dish; coat chicken with flour mixture.
- In lge skillet, brown chicken on both sides in 1/2 tsp margarine and 1/2 tsp oil.
- Add reserved pineapple juice, orange peel and juice, lemon peel and juice, bouillon and garlic.
- Bring to boil and add pineapple.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken and pineapple to serving platter.
- Bring sauce to boil and boil until reduced by half.
- Stir in parsley and spoon sauce over chicken and pineapple.