On a recent trip to New Orleans, I got a delicious margarita at El Gato Negro in the French Quarter, a Pineapple Cilantro Lime Margarita. I had to come home and try and recreate it since it's a bit of a hike to NOLA from Ohio! While it may not be exact, I find this to be very close and VERY good! Perfect for a hot summer day!
- Soak pineapple in tequila, if desired.
- Add pineapple chunks, cilantro leaves and ice to pitcher.
- Add lemon, lime and pineapple juices and stir.
- Add tequila and triple sec.
- Stir or shake for 60 seconds.
- Sugar rims of glass if desired, use lime juice or pineapple juice to wet the rim for extra flavor.
- Serve into glasses, over ice if desired.
- Drink immediately and enjoy!