Recipe by CoreyAnn
On a recent trip to New Orleans, I got a delicious margarita at El Gato Negro in the French Quarter, a Pineapple Cilantro Lime Margarita. I had to come home and try and recreate it since it's a bit of a hike to NOLA from Ohio! While it may not be exact, I find this to be very close and VERY good! Perfect for a hot summer day!
Top Review by glarock470
This is a great recipe! I have been to this resturant also in the french quarter and this is as close as it comes. Thank you for recreating this recipe! I make this about once a week!
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 1⁄8 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak pineapple in tequila, if desired.
- Add pineapple chunks, cilantro leaves and ice to pitcher.
- Add lemon, lime and pineapple juices and stir.
- Add tequila and triple sec.
- Stir or shake for 60 seconds.
- Sugar rims of glass if desired, use lime juice or pineapple juice to wet the rim for extra flavor.
- Serve into glasses, over ice if desired.
- Drink immediately and enjoy!