Recipe by MexiYabby
Very simple fruit chutney, good as garnish for any range of dishes from Latin to Mediterranean.
- 4 fluid ounces wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sugar
- 1 lb fresh pineapple, small diced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar and sugar in large saucepan.
- Simmer and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add pineapple and simmer until soft.
- Strain pineapple and set aside, return juices to pan.
- Add chile, ginger and spices to pan.
- Simmer and reduce au nape.
- Mix spiced syrup with pineapple.
- Refrigerate immediately.