Recipe by mollypaul
A little snap from cayenne brightens the taste of this chutney. An old recipe from the Chicago Tribune. Cooking time is approximate.
- 946.36 ml canned crushed pineapple, well drained
- 473.18 ml brown sugar, packed tightly
- 473.18 ml cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 236.59 ml seedless raisin
- 236.59 ml slivered almonds
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pineapple, sugar, vinegar and salt in a large saucepan.
- Heat to boil; simmer gently, stirring frequently for 25 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook slowly, stirring often, until mixture thickens.
- Ladle into sterilized hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Seal; process in water bath canner for 10 minutes.