Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A little snap from cayenne brightens the taste of this chutney. An old recipe from the Chicago Tribune. Cooking time is approximate.
- Combine pineapple, sugar, vinegar and salt in a large saucepan.
- Heat to boil; simmer gently, stirring frequently for 25 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook slowly, stirring often, until mixture thickens.
- Ladle into sterilized hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Seal; process in water bath canner for 10 minutes.
I love chutney and this is one of the best I've ever found. Made one change -- currents instead of raisins. Will make this one again and again. Thanks.
This is a fabulous chutney - really simple and beautiful to look at. Flavors and textures were perfect. I have made it with either red or green bell peppers - both are beautiful. Thanks for posting!