Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My mom's light-coloured fruitcake that is very delicious.
- 1 lb white raisins (golden)
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 4 ounces approx liquor (rum, brandy, wine, whatever!)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 lb red glace cherries
- 1⁄2 lb glace green cherries
- 4 ounces mixed peel (or whatever a small package is)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Line bottom and sides of springform pan or loaf pan with one layer of brown paper and one layer of waxed paper.
- Let stand overnight in a bowl (in the fridge): 1 lb. raisins and the can of crushed pineapple with some of the liquid replaced with the liquor. (Your choice how much.).
- In a large bowl, cut up the red and green cherries and mixed peel and dust with 1/4 cup flour.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- In another bowl, sift together the 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and combine.
- Add pineapple and combine.
- Add other fruit last.
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 3 hours. (Place a pan of water in the oven while cake bakes.).