Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa came from the Family Circle Magazine in response to a request.
- 1 small pineapple, trimmed & diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chile in adobo, mashed
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from can of chipotle chiles
- Combine pineapple, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, chipotle and adobo sauce in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate, covered, for a few hours or overnight.
Great! Easy to make and a very refreshing combination of flavors. Picked up a fresh pineapple at the store, chopped some pieces and wasn't sure what to do with the rest, so did a 'Zaar search. I served with a pan fried ham steak, white rice and some steamed brocc. Yum!
Served this with fresh mahi mahi and it was super!
I used canned pineapple for this but it still came out pretty good. I had never used chipotles in adobo before. They pack quite a kick, don't they? I may have to cut down on it the next time because I am such a wimp when it comes to spicy. I served it with Shrimp Fajitas. Thanks for posting such a great recipe!