Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Got this recipe from M&M, it is good with spring rolls and sausage rolls.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon adobo sauce (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mango, diced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh papaya, diced (firm)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, diced or 1 1⁄2 cups canned pineapple, diced, drained, juice reserved
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan.
- Add the diced red onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add allspice, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce (if using - recommended to add punch) and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mango, papaya and pineapple and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the pineapple juice, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Season with salt and bring to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 20-30 minutes or until mixture is thick and syrupy and liquid has almost completely evaporated.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped coriander.
- Cool to room temperature and serve.
- Note: Chutney can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.