Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Taken from a Ball canning booklet.
Make and share this Pineapple Chili Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 946.36 ml papayas, cubed seeded and peeled
- 473.18 ml pineapple, fresh cubed cored and peeled
- 236.59 ml golden raisin
- 236.59 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml lime juice
- 118.29 ml pineapple juice
- 118.29 ml hot pepper, chopped and seeded (Anaheim)
- 29.58 ml green onions, finelhy chopped
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml brown sugar, packed
- Prepare stockpot/canner and jars as directed in Ball canning directions.
- Combine ingredients in a large stainless steel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle hot salsa into jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace; remove air bubbles; re-measure headspace.
- If needed, add more salsa to meet recommended headspace.
- Wipe rim; center lid on jar and screw band until fingertip-tight.
- Process filled jars in boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove stockpot lid, wait five minutes, then remove jars, cool and store.
- Don't forget to check for proper seal before storing.