Sweetly tropical and delicious, this easily-made pie comes from the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak gelatin in cold water for five minutes; add sugar and salt and dissolve into hot pineapple.
- 2Cool slightly and add lemon juice.
- 3Continue to cool; when it begins to thicken, beat until light and foamy.
- 4Fold in whipped cream and pile into baked pie shell; continue chilling until firm.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Chiffon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.0
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 231.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g