1 hr 35 mins
Make sure to drain the pineapple very well, I drain in a small-holed strainer and push the crushed pineapple down in the strainer with a large spoon over a small bowl, to make sure it is well drained, If desired add in 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract into the egg yolk/oil batter, and a few drops of yellow food coloring may be added to the whipped cream just for a little color
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice (just drain from can, and save the crushed pineapple for the topping)
- 1 cup egg white, room temperature (8 egg whites)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare an ungreased tube pan.
- 3In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add in oil, egg yolks, and the 3/4 cups pineapple juice; beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
- 5In a large mixing bowl,, beat the egg whites and the cream of tartar together until very stiff peaks form (DO NOT UNDER BEAT!).
- 6Pour egg yolk/oil batter over the egg whites; gently fold the egg whites making sure it is well blended from the bottom of the bowl (I use a large spatula for this).
- 7Pour the batter in tube pan.
- 8Bake for 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched.
- 9Invert/turn over and cool (I use a long-neck bottle, a beer bottle will do fine to invert the pan on).
- 10Run a knife along sides of cooled cake, and remove from pan.
- 11Split into two layers.
- 12Fill and frost with pineapple filling/topping (make sure that cake is completely cooled before frosting and filling.
- 13To make the pineapple topping/filling: whip the 2-3 cups of whipped cream add in the amount of sugar that you desire.
- 14Fold in the very well drained crushed pieapple.
- 15Use to fill and frost cake.
- 16Refrigerate any leftover cake, but you won't have to worry, there won't be any leftovers LOL!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Chiffon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.4
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.0 mg
- Sodium 337.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g