Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great hearty meal. Easy to make and fairly inexpensive. If you will notice, I don't have time for fancy side dishes so I try to post "entire" meals. That way I can just print them out and all my ingrediets are already there.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced (use green parts too)
- 4 pineapple rings
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted,and sliced into wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cook the chicken- I prefer to broil.
- Approximately 10 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In small bowl combine black beans, diced tomatoes, onion and avocado slices,Add a little olive oil then mix.
- Top chicken breasts with one pineapple ring, then a slice of provolone, then shredded cheddar top with scallions.
- Broil 5 minutes until cheeses are bubbly.
- Serve with the Bean and Avocado Salad.