Recipe by Beeks
Chili sauce and pineapples gives this dish a perfect taste combination. An old Heinz chili sauce recipe.
Top Review by Joanne Bryant
Very successful...everyone in the family liked! (which is quite a trick) We had some leftover crushed pineapple in the freezer which I used instead of pineapple chunks and it turned out just fine. Really easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs chicken (skin removed)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drain juice reserving 3/4 cup and set aside)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken in oil over medium high heat in a large frying pan; remove excess fat and set aside.
- In a small pot; mix sugar, cornstarch and chili powder.
- Stir in pineapple juice and Chili sauce.
- Over medium heat cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring from time to time.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add pineapple.
- Place chicken in a 2 quart casserole or roasting pan.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 45 minutes.