Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe that my mother in law gave me and I love it because its easy and relatively healthy; not to mention tasty!
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 chicken breasts
- Cut Chicken Breasts into Bite Sized Chunks.
- Chop up green pepper into bite sized pieces.
- In a wok, sauté pan, or a deep frying pan heat two tablespoons of Olive Oil on Medium Heat.
- While the Oil is heating up combine the next 4 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Toss in Chicken pieces and garlic, stirring and tossing them frequently as they cook.
- Remove Chicken pieces once they are completely cooked and set aside.
- Toss in peppers and cook for about a minute. Add half a tablespoon of oil to the pan if necessary.
- Add two tablespoons of water and cover the pan, opening it to toss the peppers around now and then.
- Once the peppers are tender toss the chicken back in with them, along with the can of pineapple chunks and its juice. Add the Pineapple Juice/Soy Sauce Mixture and stir all the ingredients together.
- Allow stir fry to cook another ten minutes, tossing occasionally, until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice.