Recipe by AprilShowers
This is one of my all-time favorites! It cooks in the slow cooker, so I can throw it together in the morning and anticipate enjoying it for dinner all day long!
Top Review by Rai
I loved the flavor of this stew, but I've decided that I'm just not a fan of the texture of the chicken...the crockpot makes it too mushy. I will make it again, because I think it would be really good in the oven.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except pineapple and cornstarch in 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until carrots are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Mix reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Stir in pineapple.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve over hot cooked rice.