Recipe by Chef PotPie
This makes a light enjoyable meal in the summertime, and also cut smaller, as a lovely hors d'oeuvre. Try sauteeing the chicken breast meat, (Sauteed Chicken Breasts for Salads), instead of poaching, it is much more flavorful. I usually add a little bit of finely chopped celery for a bit of crunch!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wow! Cool and creamy without any mayonnaise! Loved the sweetness of the pineapple. I made this exactly as written, but added a little chopped onion. This would make excellent finger sandwiches for a baby shower or a fancy luncheon. Thanx for posting !
- 8 toasted English muffins or 8 croissants
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, syrup reserved
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter