Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can make this delicious salad with chicken or leftover turkey. Prep time includes chilling.
Make and share this Pineapple Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup diced celery (amount to preference)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup toasted cashew pieces or 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds or 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- Chop the chicken meat into smallish pieces, and place in a large bowl with the pineapple and celery.
- In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, celery salt, pepper, dried onion, garlic powder, and nuts or seeds.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken and toss to combine; add additional sour cream or plain yogurt to achieve desired texture.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then serve on croissant or on lettuce.
I've made this a couple times! I recommend using real chopped onion instead of onion flakes. I used the flakes the first time and I couldn't taste them at all. The salad was much more flavorful the second time I made it with the diced onion. I also added extra garlic powder the second time. For the mayo, Kraft's reduced fat mayo with olive oil was perfect. I make this recipe with greek yogurt (not sour cream), and so far I've used both almonds and sunflower seeds.
I really liked the pineapple in this recipe. I have never put fruit in my chicken salad but I will definitely make this one again. I did add a little more celery salt to add more flavor